Completing Fundamentals of Insurance will kick-start your career in the insurance industry and get you well on your way to becoming a trusted and knowledgeable advisor.
Fundamentals of Insurance
Fundamentals of Insurance is the best choice if you're just starting out in the insurance industry. It is recognized in most Canadian provinces as the premier pre-licensing study course for beginning general insurance brokers.
January 2021 Semester
April 2021 Semester
September 2021 Semester
- Weekly virtual classroom sessions with your facilitator and peers. Take full advantage of the combined knowledge of your facilitator and peers by asking interacting in the class asking questions and getting answers: it’s your show!
- Access to Ensure’s Student Portal which is filled with a variety of study tools so that you can choose which tools work best for you and your learning styles and abilities. Our educators are constantly adding and improving to the tools we have because students are at the center of our course design.
- Email and in-class support from your facilitator.
- Our Pass Guarantee: if you take our course and fail the final exam you can take the next sitting of the same course free of charge.
What's not included
- Students are responsible for purchasing their own textbook. Ensure students are expected to be reading and studying their textbook and can bring any questions to class. Classes focus more on some topics than others.
- Students are responsible for purchasing their exams and scheduling their exam dates.
Courses run one weeknight per week. Each class is 2.5 hours long with two coffee breaks. Questions can be asked anytime during class, and anytime via email the rest of the week!
Textbooks & Exams
Students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks and exams, and scheduling their exam dates.
Introduction to General Insurance
Role of Government in the Insurance Industry
Common Characteristics of Property Insurance Policies
Personal Property (Habitational) Insurance
Commercial Property Insurance
Principles of Legal Liability
Introduction to Liability Insurance
Liability Insurance Policies
Accident and Sickness Insurance
Introduction to Automobile Insurance
Automobile Insurance – The Policy
Statutory Conditions and Endorsements
Regulation of Brokers
If you have any questions about our Live and Online courses, or our student portal and learning resources please get in touch.